HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Become a Member
Make our World Better
African Hearts is a community organization in Uganda that uses the principles of compassion, empowerment and leadership to create a lasting change for the people of the community. As a WPG Highlighted Champion they embody what can be possible when leaders step up to make our world a better place.
March 22, 2019
Event: WATER FOR LIFE
The United Nations' 17 SDGs are our road map for Events, Projects and Endorsement. This event will be in the theme of SDG number 6 which proclaims "Clean Water and Sanitation for all" knowing the crisis is stated to get worse unless action is taken we encourage all of our members to participate in making our world a better place. International efforts must be made to secure safe drinking water for communities of all walks of life on each cornerstone of our planet.
- COVID-19: Testing still vital even as vaccines roll out
- UN Committee urges end to impunity for enforced disappearances in Iraq
- Rising hunger in drought-stricken southern Madagascar forcing families to eat insects: WFP
- First of four UN humanitarian airlifts for Ethiopia refugees lands in Khartoum
- UN rights experts condemn retaliatory arrests of activists in Egypt
- African nations ‘far from ready’ for COVID-19 vaccination drive, says UN health agency
- Global HIV toll likely to be far higher owing to COVID-19, warns UNAIDS
- Address water scarcity ‘immediately and boldly’, urges UN agriculture agency chief
- FROM THE FIELD: Girl child soldier shunned at home in Uganda
- UN experts decry Iran’s reported plan to execute Iranian-Swedish academic
- Build on momentum to end violence against women and girls: Secretary-General
- ‘Incredibly hard’ winter beckons for Syrians, more assistance urgently needed
- UN report finds Gaza suffered $16.7 billion loss from siege and occupation
- A child infected with HIV every 100 seconds, new UN report reveals
- End gender-based violence, ‘once and for all’, UN urges on International Day
- DR Congo: War crimes conviction ‘an important victory’ for justice – UN envoy
- Iraq: Continued international support vital amid ‘multiple storms’
- Afghanistan conference draws donor pledges and calls for lasting ceasefire
- 'Deplorable' killing of Afro-Brazilian man shows need to address racism, discrimination
- UN expert calls for urgent action to end ‘pandemic of femicide and violence against women’
"Philanthropy and social change work are at their best when they are driven by your values and connected to what you care about most."
"You don't have to be famous or rich to do a good deed. No matter how small it may seem, each kind deed sends a rippling action of kindness to humanity. Whether it is donating, helping the donor to implement or ensuring the donation recipients are treated right, each one of us has a role in philanthropy."
Gloria D. Gonsalves
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."