HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Become a Member
Make our World Better
African Hearts is a community organization in Uganda that uses the principles of compassion, empowerment and leadership to create a lasting change for the people of the community. As a WPG Highlighted Champion they embody what can be possible when leaders step up to make our world a better place.
March 22, 2019
Event: WATER FOR LIFE
The United Nations' 17 SDGs are our road map for Events, Projects and Endorsement. This event will be in the theme of SDG number 6 which proclaims "Clean Water and Sanitation for all" knowing the crisis is stated to get worse unless action is taken we encourage all of our members to participate in making our world a better place. International efforts must be made to secure safe drinking water for communities of all walks of life on each cornerstone of our planet.
- From fighting with guns to fighting the pandemic
- Peacekeepers exemplify ‘service, sacrifice and selflessness’, in face of pandemic
- COVID-19: Countries support ‘one-stop shop’ to share science and research
- Nine in 10 smokers start before they are 18 years old, warns WHO
- US must take ‘serious action’ to halt police killings of unarmed African Americans
- Latin America and Caribbean: Millions more could miss meals due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Security Council: Paralysis and ‘political infighting’ must end, to boost COVID-19 fight: EU foreign affairs chief
- COVID-19: Act now or risk ‘unimaginable devastation’ globally, warns UN chief
- Yemen: Humanitarians seeking $2.41 billion to keep aid flowing amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Countries need to do more to stop harmful marketing of breast-milk substitutes, says UN
- On Peacekeepers Day, UN to spotlight vital role of women peace operations
- WHO Foundation to broaden funding base for global health investment
- COVID-19: A ‘new and deadly threat’ for civilians caught up in violence
- UN agencies welcome donor pledges for Venezuelan refugees and migrants
- ‘Business as unusual’: How COVID-19 could change the future of work
- Yemen aid lifeline near ‘breaking point’: UN food agency
- First Person: The struggle to protect human rights in East Africa during the pandemic
- Making education safe for children with albinism in Malawi
- Heed ceasefire call, UN chief urges, marking Africa Day
- Guterres commends India and Bangladesh for life-saving work in face of deadly cyclone
"Philanthropy and social change work are at their best when they are driven by your values and connected to what you care about most."
"You don't have to be famous or rich to do a good deed. No matter how small it may seem, each kind deed sends a rippling action of kindness to humanity. Whether it is donating, helping the donor to implement or ensuring the donation recipients are treated right, each one of us has a role in philanthropy."
Gloria D. Gonsalves
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."