HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Become a Member
Make our World Better
African Hearts is a community organization in Uganda that uses the principles of compassion, empowerment and leadership to create a lasting change for the people of the community. As a WPG Highlighted Champion they embody what can be possible when leaders step up to make our world a better place.
March 22, 2019
Event: WATER FOR LIFE
The United Nations' 17 SDGs are our road map for Events, Projects and Endorsement. This event will be in the theme of SDG number 6 which proclaims "Clean Water and Sanitation for all" knowing the crisis is stated to get worse unless action is taken we encourage all of our members to participate in making our world a better place. International efforts must be made to secure safe drinking water for communities of all walks of life on each cornerstone of our planet.
- FROM THE FIELD: Women guardians of the environment
- A few ‘green shoots’, but future of global trade remains deeply uncertain
- Environmental factors behind 15 per cent of deaths across Mediterranean, new UN report reveals
- Kosovo: Show solidarity in face of COVID, UN Mission chief urges
- Collapsing consumer demand amid lockdowns cripple Asia-Pacific garment industry
- Secretary-General underscores value of UN partnerships in Southeast Asia
- UN chief calls for end to reported police brutality in Nigeria
- UN urges people to #PledgetoPause before sharing information online
- New UN gender study: Women ‘far from having an equal voice to men’
- ‘Work in unison’ to promote peace and security in the Persian Gulf region – UN chief
- Safeguard human rights defenders, rights of NGOs in India, Bachelet urges
- Trusted data helps us all ‘understand the changing world’: Guterres
- UN chief appeals for urgent action to reverse ‘downward spiral’ in Central Sahel
- One in six children living in extreme poverty, with figure set to rise during pandemic
- Focus on fundamentals as COVID-19 caseloads rise: WHO
- COVID-19 vaccine: UNICEF to stockpile more than half a billion syringes by year’s end
- ‘Biocups’, electric motorcycle taxis and recycling 500 billion bottles for a sustainable Thailand: a UN Resident Coordinator blog
- UN chief urges inclusive, peaceful elections in Guinea
- Violence, COVID-19, contribute to rising humanitarian needs in the Sahel
- Misuse of terrorism laws during conflict creates ‘unmitigated calamity’
"Philanthropy and social change work are at their best when they are driven by your values and connected to what you care about most."
"You don't have to be famous or rich to do a good deed. No matter how small it may seem, each kind deed sends a rippling action of kindness to humanity. Whether it is donating, helping the donor to implement or ensuring the donation recipients are treated right, each one of us has a role in philanthropy."
Gloria D. Gonsalves
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."