HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Become a Member
Make our World Better
CURRENT PROJECTS WE ENDORSE
African Hearts is a community organization in Uganda that uses the principles of compassion, empowerment and leadership to create a lasting change for the people of the community. As a WPG Highlighted Champion they embody what can be possible when leaders step up to make our world a better place.
March 22, 2019
Event: WATER FOR LIFE
The United Nations’ 17 SDGs are our road map for Events, Projects and Endorsement. This event will be in the theme of SDG number 6 which proclaims “Clean Water and Sanitation for all” knowing the crisis is stated to get worse unless action is taken we encourage all of our members to participate in making our world a better place. International efforts must be made to secure safe drinking water for communities of all walks of life on each cornerstone of our planet.
- Sink or swim: Can island states survive the climate crisis?
- Six months after coup, Myanmar’s political, rights and aid crisis is worsening
- Afghanistan: Attack on UN mission draws global condemnation
- Conflict, COVID, climate crisis, likely to fuel acute food insecurity in 23 ‘hunger hotspots’
- Delta variant, a warning the COVID-19 virus is getting ‘fitter and faster’
- Mercenaries ‘impede’ peace, must leave Libya to allow elections
- 100,000 children in Tigray at risk of death from malnutrition: UNICEF
- From electric dreams to supercharged reality: the road race to a clean energy future
- First Person: ‘I’m not old enough to be a woman’ says trafficked teen
- COVID-19 vaccine shipments boost for Africa
- Yemen: New World Bank funds offer lifeline to most vulnerable
- Witchcraft killings of people with albinism have risen during the COVID-19 pandemic, says UN expert
- Countries urged to develop pandemic preparedness and response treaty
- Food systems transformation a ‘silver lining’ in COVID crisis: UN deputy chief
- On World Hepatitis Day, WHO calls for elimination of the disease by 2030
- Cornerstone treaty of refugee protection turns 70
- UN-African Union Mission in Darfur in final shutdown phase
- Child malnutrition expected to quadruple in Southern Madagascar
- Outstanding sites added to UNESCO World Heritage List
- Free, fair Palestinian elections, must include East Jerusalem: UN experts
“Philanthropy and social change work are at their best when they are driven by your values and connected to what you care about most.”
“You don’t have to be famous or rich to do a good deed. No matter how small it may seem, each kind deed sends a rippling action of kindness to humanity. Whether it is donating, helping the donor to implement or ensuring the donation recipients are treated right, each one of us has a role in philanthropy.”
Gloria D. Gonsalves
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”