HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Become a Member
Make our World Better
African Hearts is a community organization in Uganda that uses the principles of compassion, empowerment and leadership to create a lasting change for the people of the community. As a WPG Highlighted Champion they embody what can be possible when leaders step up to make our world a better place.
March 22, 2019
Event: WATER FOR LIFE
The United Nations' 17 SDGs are our road map for Events, Projects and Endorsement. This event will be in the theme of SDG number 6 which proclaims "Clean Water and Sanitation for all" knowing the crisis is stated to get worse unless action is taken we encourage all of our members to participate in making our world a better place. International efforts must be made to secure safe drinking water for communities of all walks of life on each cornerstone of our planet.
- Survival of wildlife reserves under threat in Namibia
- An uncertain future for migrant workers, in a post-pandemic world
- COVID-19 illustrates ‘woefully under prepared’ world – UN health chief
- UN and partners promote sport as a tool to prevent violent extremism
- ‘Substantive’ talks on new constitution bring hope of forging path out of Syria’s near decade-long conflict
- FROM THE FIELD: Love in the time of COVID
- Leveraging youth to shape a better future, UN announces 17 Young Leaders for SDGs
- Equal pay essential to build a world of dignity and justice for all, UN says, commemorating first International Equal Pay Day
- New wave of famine could sweep the globe, overwhelming nations already weakened by years of conflict, warn UN officials
- WHO chief makes last push for countries to join multilateral COVID-19 vaccine effort
- ‘Tens of millions of Yemenis’ devastated by unabated war and COVID-19
- Bolster fragile world to emerge stronger, UN chief urges, marking Peace Day
- Reversing land degradation can ‘pre-empt and manage’ conflicts
- Human rights violations continue in Burundi under new Government: UN report
- Protect lives, mitigate future shocks and recover better: UN-wide COVID-19 response
- South Sudan: Progress on peace agreement ‘limps along’, UN envoy tells Security Council
- UN chief: COVID-19 vaccine must be affordable and available to all
- Venezuela abuses amounted to crimes against humanity: UN-appointed panel
- New General Assembly underscores ‘necessity of multilateralism’
- Famine threat returns to Yemen, amid upsurge in fighting
"Philanthropy and social change work are at their best when they are driven by your values and connected to what you care about most."
"You don't have to be famous or rich to do a good deed. No matter how small it may seem, each kind deed sends a rippling action of kindness to humanity. Whether it is donating, helping the donor to implement or ensuring the donation recipients are treated right, each one of us has a role in philanthropy."
Gloria D. Gonsalves
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."