HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Become a Member
Make our World Better
CURRENT PROJECTS WE ENDORSE
African Hearts is a community organization in Uganda that uses the principles of compassion, empowerment and leadership to create a lasting change for the people of the community. As a WPG Highlighted Champion they embody what can be possible when leaders step up to make our world a better place.
March 22, 2019
Event: WATER FOR LIFE
The United Nations’ 17 SDGs are our road map for Events, Projects and Endorsement. This event will be in the theme of SDG number 6 which proclaims “Clean Water and Sanitation for all” knowing the crisis is stated to get worse unless action is taken we encourage all of our members to participate in making our world a better place. International efforts must be made to secure safe drinking water for communities of all walks of life on each cornerstone of our planet.
- Disabled and displaced: helping Haiti’s most vulnerable people
- Croatia: Decades after Balkan wars, UN expert urges new push for justice
- ‘Turning point’ reached for survivors of ISIL crimes in Iraq, Security Council hears
- ‘Bodyright’ campaign launched, to end rise in gender-based violence online
- UNHCR chief calls for mechanism to deal with ‘unprecedented’ displacement in Mexico and Central America
- Emergency aid needs set to rise by 17% to assist 274 million, UN humanitarians warn
- WFP appeals for greater support for Afghanistan as hunger increases
- ‘Unity’ of purpose and action needed: Guterres tells AU-UN Conference
- Landmark decision to negotiate new accord on pandemics ‘cause for hope’
- Women and girls at high risk of being pushed into modern slavery
- Despite COVID-19 connectivity boost, world’s poorest left far behind
- Battle to end HIV, COVID, demands greater international solidarity
- Israel-Palestine: Risk of 'deadly escalation' in violence, without decisive action
- World trade reaches all-time high, but 2022 outlook ‘uncertain’: UNCTAD
- Workers with HIV-AIDS continue to face stigma, discrimination: ILO
- Mexico: Over 95,000 registered as disappeared, impunity 'almost absolute'
- Financing sustainable development needed more than ever, says UN deputy chief Mohammed
- World ‘dangerously unprepared’ for future pandemics unless leaders tackle inequalities, UNAIDS warns
- UN chief calls for nuclear weapons-free Middle East
- Omicron COVID variant underlines need for global ‘pandemic treaty’
“Philanthropy and social change work are at their best when they are driven by your values and connected to what you care about most.”
“You don’t have to be famous or rich to do a good deed. No matter how small it may seem, each kind deed sends a rippling action of kindness to humanity. Whether it is donating, helping the donor to implement or ensuring the donation recipients are treated right, each one of us has a role in philanthropy.”
Gloria D. Gonsalves
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”